Medical Reports Show Nitrate Poisoning Caused 61 Cow Deaths In A UP Shelter: Report

60 cows died after eating green millet fodder in Amrohas Hasanpur area . The cows had consumed an excessive amount of green bajra (millets) The viscera of the cows kidney, liver, heart, and lungs have been preserved .

Bareilly: According to a medical report, sixty-one cows died due to nitrate poisoning after eating green millet fodder in a shelter in Amrohas Hasanpur area, according to Amroha District Magistrate BK Tripathi.During the inspection, the cows had consumed an excessive amount of green bajra (millets), which contained a lot of nitrate, according to IVRI' The viscera of the cow's kidney, liver, heart, and lungs have been preserved, and the picture would be clear once the test report arrives, according to district officials.The cows at the shelter became sick in the evening after eating food, according to district officials.By Thursday night, around 55 cows had died, with the total number approaching 60 by Friday morning.

According to Amroha Superintendent of Police (SP), Aditya Langeh, four teams have been formed to arrest the suspects in the case.