Uttar Pradesh: Nitrate toxicity causes 61 cow deaths at the Amroha shelter

The cows died after eating green millet fodder in a shelter in Amrohas Hasanpur district . The cows consumed an excessive amount of green bajra (millets) during the inspection, which contained an excess of nitrate .

According to a medical report, sixty-one cows died as a result of nitrate poisoning after eating green millet fodder in a shelter in Amrohas Hasanpur district.According to Amroha District Magistrate BK Tripathi, the village development officer who was also in charge of the cow shelter has been suspended and an FIR has been filed against the fodder supplier.On Saturday, Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) Director Dr. Triveni Singh said that a team of IVRI scientists conducted a thorough inspection of the cow shelter and a post-mortem examination of the bovine animals.According to him, the cows consumed an excessive amount of green bajra (millets) during the inspection, which contained an excess of nitrate.

The integrity of the cow's kidney, liver, heart, and lungs has been preserved, and the picture will be clear as the test report is released, he said.Officials from the district said on Thursday that the cows at the shelter became sick in the evening after eating grain.By Thursday night, about 55 cows had died, and the death toll had risen to over 60 by Friday morning.The shelter home contained more than 180 cows.

According to Amroha Superintendent of Police (SP), Aditya Langeh, four squads have been formed to arrest the accused in the case.While police have detained several people for questioning, they haven't confirmed any arrests yet.