Varanasi: LPG leakage causes fire, leaving 3 family members dead and 2 injured

Three members of a family were killed in a fire in Kevtali village, near the limits of Maharajganj police station in Jaunpur district . Nilam attempted to heat the LPG stove to boil milk for her children who were sleeping with Akhilesh inside the mud house .

Varanasi: On Thursday, three members of a family were killed in a fire in Kevtali village, near the limits of Maharajganj police station in Jaunpur district, while two others were hospitalized with severe burn injuries.Suresh Vishwakarma (32), his sister-in-law Nilam (28) and her son Shivansh (5) were killed in the fire attack, according to Station officer Maharajganj Santosh Kumar Shukla, while her husband Akhilesh Vishwakarma (30) and another child Yuvaraj (3) were admitted to Trauma Center.According to police, the condition of both the wounded persons was described as critical.The bodies were sent for a postmortem.

On seeing it, Nilam ran out and sounded an alarm.Later, she returned to the house to rescue her husband and children.Akhileshs elder brother Suresh and other locals stepped forward after hearing her cries.On being informed, police also arrived on the spot.

They were immediately rushed to the Trauma Center, where doctors declared Suresh, Nilam, and Shivansh dead.