Vijayawada: A chlorine gas leak in the swimming pool causes more than 10 students to become unwell.

More than ten children aged 8 to 14 years became sick as a result of a chlorine gas leakage in a municipal swimming pool in Vijayawada district of Andhra Pradesh . The children were swimming in a 50-meter pool when the chlorine gas leaked from a 25-meter tanker .

Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh) India – November 9, 2015 : On Thursday, a swimming pool academy manager said that more than ten children aged 8 to 14 years became sick as a result of a chlorine gas leakage in a municipal swimming pool in Vijayawada district of Andhra Pradesh.Because of chlorine leakage in the pool, children are highly ill. All the children were swimming in a 50-meter pool when the chlorine gas leaked from a 25-meter tanker.The children were competing in Eluru on December 11.The shooting happened around 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday night.

We told them to seek permission from the municipal commissioner, and they said they did have permission, said Rambabu, the head of the swimming pool academy, ten sick children were moved to a government hospital, and a second child was later re-shifted to a government hospital.All the students are however safe, according to parents.The issue is due to poor chlorine system maintenance and control, according to parents.During the leakage of chlorine gas in the swimming pool, 10 to 12 students aged 8-14 years became ill. We took them to a government hospital.

It was supervised later.Currently, all students are stable.According to Rambabu, one of our workers became sick in this accident alongside students.I am the only one who records swimmer's information, and the rest are closely monitored by DFO and municipal corporation officials.

We alerted the authorities of the case.According to him, they had gone to the hospital and informed their parents, and he said they had received the assurance.

.
.
.
.